Meetings are held at offices in Victoria, Central London
£20,000 for approximately 2 days per month
17 June 2022
National Audit Office
At the National Audit Office (NAO), we scrutinise public spending for Parliament. The scope of our work and influence is vast – supporting Parliament to hold government to account and addressing significant public spending challenges such as the response to COVID-19. Our work helps to improve financial management and the way vital public services are delivered to millions of people every day.
In 2020, our work led to a positive financial impact through reduced costs, improved service delivery, or other benefits to citizens, of £926 million.
As we continue to pursue the delivery of our 2020-2025 strategy, we are now looking for a new non-executive to join our strong and high performing Board. In addition to strategic development, risk management and corporate governance capability, we are particularly keen to complement current skills on the Board with strategic digital, data and technology leadership experience, gained in the private, public or third sector. We have already made significant progress in this area, so we’ll be looking for a non-executive who can inform and challenge the next stage of our digital journey as we seek to enhance the delivery of the NAO’s strategic objectives.
Regardless of your sector background or career stage (we are open to appointing a first-time non-executive), you are likely to have worked at a senior level in a sizable, regulated business in which customer and service excellence have been organisational priorities. Such experience, coupled with a modern and innovative skill set, an awareness of the challenges currently faced by the public sector, and a genuine interest in the use of public funds will enable you to make an outstanding contribution at an important time for the sector we serve.
Wherever you are now, you will be assured of a warm welcome to an effective and committed group and we look forward to hearing from you.
Friday 17 June 2022 - 17:00
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson:
w/c Monday 4 July 2022
Final Panel Interviews
w/c Monday 25 July
Appointment hearing with the Public Accounts Commission
13 September 2022
New non-executive member takes up office
19 October 2022:
How to Apply
All candidates should also complete:
- A comprehensive CV (maximum three sides A4) setting out your career history and including details of any professional qualifications; and
- A short supporting statement (maximum two sides A4), giving evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the skills requirements and personal qualities for the role.
- Equal opportunities monitoring form. This form will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. (This will appear online as part of the online application process)
- Conflict of interest form. Please give details of any business or other interests or any personal connections which, if you are appointed, could represent a conflict of interest, be misconstrued or cause embarrassment to the National Audit Office. Any conflicts of interest detailed here will not prevent you going forward to interview but may, if appropriate, be explored with you during your interview to establish how you would address the issue(s) should you be successful in your application (please ensure you attach your completed form to your application)
- Political activity declaration. This information will only be provided to the Panel for those applicants selected for interview (please ensure you attach your completed form to your application)
- The names and contact details for two referees. These must be people who know you in a professional capacity to comment on your suitability for the post. They will be expected to have authoritative and personal knowledge of your achievements. Referees will not be contacted without your prior agreement.
ContactsRussell Brandon: 01962 864124