09 July 2022
Interim Director of Corporate Affairs – 6-month contract – Inside IR35 – VSM – July Start
We are currently working with our client, an NHS provider in England, with their search for an Interim Director of Corporate Affairs whilst they recruit substantively.
The role is looking to start as soon as possible and will be for a circa of 6 months. The Interim Director of Corporate Affairs role will ideally be performed on a full-time basis. The successful candidate would be expected to be able to be on site three days a week with the rest being conducted remotely.
The postholder will report directly to the newly appointed Chief Executive, and provide line management to the Head of Corporate Governance.
The Job Role – The job role will include (but not be limited to) the following duties:
- Acting as principal adviser to the Board, the Trust Executives, and the organisation as a whole on all aspects of corporate governance
- Overseeing and managing the board, board strategy days and committees of the board
- The Trust is a wholly-owned subsidiary - so the postholder will be ensuring the group of companies are where they need to be from a governance perspective
- Working with the Director of People & OD to manage the process of recruitment to the board
- Developing and ensuring implementation of the Foundation Trust’s membership and community engagement strategy, promoting ongoing membership recruitment and attracting an active and representative membership base
- The Annual Report has been published, so the postholder must keep the wheels in motion from a governance point of view
- Working with NHSEI to support the new build development (RAAC issue)
The Person - Our client is ideally looking for someone who has solid, proven work experience gained in a similar role either from the NHS (ideally experience with wholly-owned subsidiaries) or a similar sector. The Trust is a very inclusive organisation. They are values-driven and have a very open dialogue, so would be looking for someone who would contribute to this working environment.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please submit an up-to-date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications, we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsEleanor Pugh: 01132056093