£70,000.00 - £85,000.00
18 May 2022
We are working with a global professional body to appoint a Senior In-house Counsel. The Senior In-house Counsel supports the Head of Legal in the effective delivery of accurate, timely, high-quality, solution focused, and commercially minded legal advice.
The Role -
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Helping in building processes for the efficient provision of advice to colleagues across the organisation, including implementing new ways of working and improving existing precedents.
- Working closely with the Privacy Team on data protection, privacy law and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in the UK and relevant data protection advice in other jurisdictions.
- Regularly instructing external legal provision within the UK and globally, including careful management of service delivery and maintaining strict cost control.
- Working closely with the Digital / Technology Team to prepare and negotiate systems integration agreements, software licences, and outsourcing arrangements.
The Person -
- Qualified solicitor or Barrister with a solid grounding in commercial law.
- Previous in-house experience preferred but not essential.
- Strong corporate, commercial background with good knowledge of intellectual property law, data protection, GDPR, and procurement.
- Comfortable engaging with multiple stakeholders at all levels (internally and externally), including the Executive Leadership team on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, taking the lead on strategic projects and supervising delivery from colleagues to achieve project milestones.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a confidential discussion in the first instance, please call Suzie Raffle on 07551 56 11 99.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 20th April.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated e mail to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSuzie Raffle: 07551 561 199