£110- £120k pa
04 May 2022
Our client, a leading Charity Foundation Trust, are looking to appoint an Interim Chief Executive for a period of 6 months, whilst they appoint to this role on a permanent basis. The role will be based in London, with a blended approach of 3 days on site and 2 days from home, this role does require the candidate to have a recent track record of delivering as a Chief Executive Officer within the Not for Profit Sector, working closely with the Board members including the Chair to deliver the best outcomes for its grant receiving organisations.
The main responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Ensuring effective leadership, and ensuring competency across the whole staff team.
- Improving relationships between trustees and staff, by improving mutual respect and trust. Ensuring Board decisions are properly implemented.
- Taking forward the work in progress to establish arrangements for making grants, particularly in the major grant programmes, in which trustees have confidence and feel suitably involved, and which are less onerous for staff. These should include better understanding of the impact of the spend, and better feedback from previous learning and experience.
- Reviewing organisational planning, management structures and ways of working, streamlining governance.
- Take forward preparations for a review of grant giving strategy.
- Embedding consistent approaches to EDI
- Recommending a way forward on flexible working which meets the best interests of the charity.
- Ensuring progress on the project to replace the database
If you would like to apply to this role, please forward an updated cv to Jo Ostrom-Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
ContactsSophie Younger: 07384 810 211