22 June 2022
Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer – NHS Provider, South West of England – Start ASAP – 4-6 Months – Band 9/VSM, Inside IR35
We are currently working with our Client, an NHS Provider based in the South West of England, who are looking for an Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer to provide additional support to the team.
The role is looking to start as soon as possible and will be for a circa of 4-6 months. The Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer role will ideally be performed on a full-time basis, although a 4-day working week can be considered. In terms of remuneration, this role falls inside IR35 and is at a Band 9 level/ VSM, on either a day rate or Fixed Term Contract. In addition, the successful candidate would be expected to be on site weekly, with some scope to work remotely.
The Job Role – The Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer will be working with the Director of Recovery, supporting the hospital on an operational level in their improvement post COVID. The Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer will focus on current BAU deliverables, discharge, and cancer turnaround times. Included in this recovery agenda there would be a focus on tacking waiting lists in both elective care and non-elective care.
The Person – Our Client is looking for someone with proven work experience gained in a similar sector or at a similar level. The candidate will need to be collaborative and adaptable, as there are many different facets to the operations role.
How to Apply – If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability, and desired rate. Due to the number of applications, we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsNick Ogden: 07570 823 100