16 May 2022
Interim Director of Elective Recovery – NHS Foundation Trust, South East England – Start ASAP – 3 Month + Duration – Band 8D Fixed Term Contract or Day Rate – Full Time – Hybrid Working
We are seeking an Interim Director of Elective Recovery for our client, an NHS Acute Foundation Trust in the South East of England. The role is to start as soon as possible, and the duration of the contract is expected to run for a minimum of 3 months whilst the Trust recruits substantially. This role could turn substantive should that be of interest to all parties. This role sits inside IR35 and is at a band 8D grade. Our client is ideally looking for someone to undertake the role 5 days a week but a 4-day condensed working week can be considered. The role would require you to be on-site 3 days a week.
The Job Role – This role will be focused on driving and managing the Trust's elective care recovery programme, in line with the national recovery plan recently announced. Following the Trust's internal constitutional standards, this position will essentially be concerned with booking as many people as possible for their elective care. The successful post-holder would also be responsible for chairing an Activity Performance meeting every week, working with Operational Directors to ensure they are performing at optimum level.
The Person – Our client is looking for someone who has gained senior operational leadership experience in the NHS within an elective care setting. It is essential that prior experience includes planned care, surgery or theatres, with cancer services experience desirable. As mentioned above, the successful post-holder must be able to be on-site in the South East region.
How to Apply – If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Ogden: 07570 823 100