04 May 2022
Interim Director of Operations – NHS Provider, North of England- start ASAP, 12-month duration – Inside IR35, £700-£800 Day Rate
We are currently working exclusively with our Client, a Mental Health NHS Provider in the North of England, who are looking for an Interim Operations Director to work across a variety of their care groups including adults, secure inpatients and CAMHS.
The role will be for 12 months whilst they implement their new care group structure, recruit to new posts and backfill internal posts where others have been promoted from within. Ideally, the Trust are looking for someone to start ASAP but they could wait till April 1st for the right person. The post will fall inside scope of IR35 and sit at VSM level, therefore the Trust would consider someone on salaried Fixed Term Contract or a competitive day rate. Ideally, our client is looking for someone to undertake the role full time, however, they will consider someone 4 days per week as a minimum. In addition, the successful candidate would be expected to be on site at least 3 days per week, with the rest of the role being conducted remotely.
The Job Role – The successful incumbent would be responsible for Mental Health Operations and the post holder post will report into the overall Managing Director in the patch, in addition the post holder would be directly responsible for managing a General Manager with a dotted line to professional leads and a number of service managers.
The post-holder will have accountability for stabilising operational services, ensuring high quality outcomes and experience for service users and carers and continuing with work around the turnaround/development plan. The successful incumbent would also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensuring strategic objectives are set and achieved
- Embedding the Trusts values and implementing a strong team focused culture
- Supporting the Board with the delivery of the business plan and supporting transformation plans
- Leading the shared system agenda for transformational change - linking with clinical networks and system leaders to support the mental health and well being of communities through system wide solutions
The Person – Our Client are looking for someone with significant operational leadership experience gained whilst working in NHS Mental Health Services. Ideally, they will need to be a strategic thinker, with excellent problem-solving abilities and too. A clinical background is not essential but could be advantageous.
How to Apply – If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsEleanor Pugh: 01132056093