Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer – NHS Community and Mental Health Foundation Trust - start December – 6 months duration + – Band 9 Inside IR35
We are seeking an Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer for our client, an NHS Community and Mental Health Foundation Trust. The role is to start in late November/December and the duration of the contract is expected to run for 6 months, with the possibility of it turning substantive if that is of interest to all parties. This role is graded at a band 9 level and it will sit inside IR35. Our client is looking for someone to undertake the role full time and you would be required to be on-site 3 days a week as a minimum.
The Job Role - This role requires an individual who can have a solid grasp on patient flow throughout the hospital sites as we enter the winter months. Similarly, developing and maintaining system relationships on areas like patient flow, bed blocking and brokerage are of high importance. In particular, continuing with the positive relationships with the Foundation Trust’s local Acute Trust, Local Authority and Primary Care Networks as part of their commitment to the ICS are key. An ability to build strong and enduring partnerships across the sector and seek innovative ways to improve patient experience by service integration will be important.
The Person – Our client is looking for an individual with operational experience gained in an NHS setting, preferably with a physical and mental health background. It would also be advantageous to have acute experience. Given that the role will have a strong focus on patient flow, experience in the operational management of this area would be beneficial. Strong communication and partnership relationship skills are also desired.
How to Apply – If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up-to-date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Ogden: 07570 823 100