09 October 2021
My client is looking for an Interim Head of Legal Services and Deputy Monitoring Officer to join their team for a period of 6 months.
The role encompasses accountability for the leadership, planning, organisation and management of the Legal service.
As the deputy to the Director, to advise Councillors, colleagues and the public on the most strategic and confidential matters across the organisation.
To be the named Deputy Monitoring Officer to act as Monitoring Officer when the Monitoring Officer cannot so do and to support the Monitoring Officer as required.
This role will also need to procure and act as the contract manager for external legal services and advice and be responsible for the management of external legal spend and as the ‘intelligent client’ to enable better decision making and ensure value for money.
The services will be led and managed in accordance with corporate standards and in adherence to key corporate objectives with regard to: -
- financial and budgetary management
- the achievement of agile working objectives
- meeting corporate values and behaviours
- the enhancement of commercial capacity
- ethical, transparency and customer service standards.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities and be able to confidently work with Cabinet Members and Key Stakeholders.
This role is inside IR35 offering up to £700.
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss this further please do call me on 07867 455 224. Alternatively please send your CV by 9am Wednesday 11th August to email@example.com
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsAbi O'Brien: 07867 455 224