An Interim Head of Commercial is required to join this Manchester based Government organisation on an interim basis. Working in a busy environment, you will lead the current commercial team whilst also work with the organisation on the re-organisation plans. With a background in government procurement and public sector, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant public sector experience, in a similar role, of providing strategic commercial advice to senior managers, on complex issues, with proven ability to understand the impact and risk of commercial considerations, and to communicate and influence at all levels, including board.
- Experience of supporting the business to realising savings and value for money, ensuring commercial performance, identifying and implementing further opportunities, minimising risks and challenging the business to improve the efficiency of contracts
- Detailed knowledge of public procurement rules, with experience of providing strategic direction ensuring that all activity is underpinned with robust governance and risk management whilst complying with all relevant EU, Government and internal policies and controls.
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills including experience of contractual negotiations with suppliers, preferably technology and/or digital.
- Highly developed written and numerical skills with experience of drafting commercial appraisals and contributing to business cases to support strategic decision making.
- Experience of providing professional leadership and management, including developing team capability, that ensures individuals are effective in delivering excellent commercial services that meet business need and represent value for money.
The role is paying a rate of £550 a day inside IR35. If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COP Wednesday 21st July.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsJoanne Till: 07384 117 080Erin Wilgrove: 075515 88641