up to £80k
Our client, a world class leader in careers education, inspiring and preparing young people for the world of work, is looking to a appoint a permanent Director of Operations
Salary to £80K
Leadership of the cross-company strategic planning process through engaging with the CEO, SLT and key stakeholders across the organisation. Leadership, effective management, and control of an integrated Operations Function, to include:
• Leading team members to ensure they work together as an integrated service.
• Providing specialist advice and representation at SLT level to ensure the function meets the strategic, operational, and financial requirements of the organisation and the Directorates.
• Manage the development, communication and delivery of the organisation's long, medium and short term plans, ensuring strategic and operational alignment externally with DfE through the Grant Funding Agreement and internally with key stakeholders.
• Lead the business planning process, internal governance including Board and SLT, and performance reporting.
• Actively developing the organisational culture to align with the values and mission of the company.
• Lead the Strategic Operations, HR and Finance teams, supporting direct reports with guidance and development opportunities.
• Ensure the organisation’s compliance with all financial regulations and standards and fulfilment of all responsibilities in relation to tax, legal and other regulatory authorities.
• Plan, manage and report the costs of the Operations Function within budget guidelines.
• Provide specialist input and advice on all areas within Operations at SLT and, when required, at Board level.
• Contribute to the organisation as a business leader on the SLT, identifying risks, associated mitigations and cross-company programme management approaches.
Essential skill and capability requirements:
• Individual and team leadership and management including work organisation, setting goals, monitoring performance, coaching, developing and motivating team members and building an effective team culture.
• Stakeholder management – recognition and management of key stakeholders including the organisations staff, SLT, the Board and governance bodies, the Department for Education and other external stakeholders.
• Service effectiveness – capable to manage a complex range of services with multiple stakeholders and priorities using project, process, and quality management methods supported by effective measurement and reporting.
• Technology - able to ensure the identification, introduction and optimal use of IT tools to increase service quality as well as reduce effort and costs.
• Technical and management accounting – understanding of and management experience in processes, standards, regulations and controls.
• Specialist support functions – An ability to determine the level and type of support required in the organisation and provide structure and leadership to subject matter expert.
If you would like to know more about this role or would like to apply for this position, please send an updated CV along with a supporting statement to email@example.com.
Please note only relevant candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsSophie Younger: 07384 810 211