03 September 2021
Our client, a Local Authority are looking to appoint an Interim Transport Specialist to start as soon as possible for the duration of 3 months. This role will be remote working with occasional days on site.
£450-£500 inside IR35
The role holder will be assigned and lead strategic transportation projects and will lead and coordinate a range of planning, unblocking, risk management and coordination activities to ensure effective delivery which unlocks growth and development. Responsible for strategy liaison, development and feasibility in relation to the transport projects in order to contribute to the Governments key 'shared' priority areas relating to accessibility, safety, congestion and air pollution and to contribute and support economic, social and environmental objectives.
Successful and consistent achievement in leading the delivery of transport planning and strategy, within a local authority or other organisation of comparable scope and complexity is essential. Successful candidate to have expert knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, government policy and best practice relating to transport, as well experience in bidding for funding and supporting the recovery from the Covid-19 Pandemic.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3.30pm on Tuesday 6th July. Due to the number of applications we receive, please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsAbi O'Brien: 07867 455 224