02 August 2021
A London Borough are currently seeking an Interim Director of Growth & Sustainability This post reports into the Executive Director of Place and the key priorities over the next six months for the successful candidate will include but not be limited to:
- Provide leadership and management to a highly competent, high performance set of teams across planning, regeneration, economic development, sustainability, strategic corporate property assets and capital projects.
- Respond to and support a new Council Leader and Cabinet, as they seek to implement a new culture and set of ambitions
- Completing the successful launch of the Council’s wholly owned housing development group. The aim is to maximise the delivery of genuinely affordable housing on Council owned land.
- Lead the continued development of the new Local Plan and in particular the creation of an inclusive community engagement and consultation process over Summer/autumn 2021.
- Lead the implementation of the Council’s response to the Economic impact of Covid
- Lead the implementation of the Council’s Climate and Ecological Emergency Action Plan for the borough
- Leading a number of specific major regeneration projects, supported by project teams, such as Perceval House redevelopment -the Council’s new office development in Ealing Town Centre
- Champion equality, inclusion and diversity in all that we do as part of the Council’s senior Directors Team who have committed to a “high commitment, high impact” ambition in this area.
Currently the post is working largely from home, but you will be expected to attend weekly and will be required to attend in person relevant portfolio holder meetings and council committees as required. This role is inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience. Initial interviews are likely to be week commencing 7th June. If you would like to apply please send a copy of your CV in Word format that matches the above criteria.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsAbi O'Brien: 07867 455 224