06 July 2021
A Bi-borough partnership is searching for a new Interim Chief Information Officer who will be at the heart of a revolution. This journey started with the 2017 and at the centre of the culture change, there are four core values; putting communities first; respect; integrity and working together. Working across the Bi-borough partnership, the Interim CIO will have two slightly different sets of priorities and stages of development, and the successful candidate will be in a unique position to be able to make savings and share innovations across the boroughs. In post you will take responsibility for the development, delivery, and or monitoring (as appropriate) for the ICT service delivery by ICT service providers, including the councils' in-house ICT services, and the contracts with Agilisys, BT, Microsoft, etc. Establish strong working relationships with ICT service providers, working jointly to improve cost-effectiveness, to assure value for money, delivery performance, customer satisfaction, and innovation. Negotiate with ICT service providers on the councils' behalf, ensuring providers meet both the public service needs and commercial aspirations of the councils. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To be the lead senior officer responsible for ICT strategy and initiatives that generate business impact and improves delivery across the two boroughs.
- Establish, reimagine, and promote the vision for ICT technology to support transformation and innovation in the councils to design a tech-forward business strategy.
- Lead the development of the Bi-borough ICT strategy ad budget and ensure the strategy supports the business objectives including ongoing development in embracing agile; improving IT services with next-generation capabilities in response to the fast-changing business environment.
- Direct the advancement of the exploitation of ICT through innovation and enablement of true collaboration with our council partners to deliver effective ICT solutions.
- Lead on ICT strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Take overall responsibility for the portfolio of programmes delivering the ICT strategy.
- Lead the co-ordination of ICT activity across the councils, actively prioritising competing programmes and projects and allocating available resources effectively to drive the greatest value.
This role will be for 6 months inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience. If you are interested in applying for this role please send a CV that matches the above criteria.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsAnton Ramdhanie: 07384 253674