01 June 2021
A City Council are seeking an Interim Corporate Director Of Environment, Public Realm and Residential Services to create and drive the vision for the City Council. In post you will actively and effectively promote the Council’s vision, values, aims, objectives and priorities to partners, national and local stakeholders, employees and citizens. A key success measure in this role will be to provide strategic direction to the Resident Services Directorate and translate this into clear goals and objectives to deliver outcomes that make a positive difference to people’s lives, putting into practice the policy decisions of executive councillors and ensuring there is clear alignment in all plans. Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Communicate a clear vision and purpose to inspire others.
- Be a role model visible leadership through engaging and empowering all colleagues.
- Plan for the future capability and capacity needs of the organisation and workforce.
- Lead and drive change in a political and challenging public finance context.
- Create robust project management approaches maximising people and financial resources to deliver positive outcomes.
- Where ambiguity exists; provide purpose and clarity of leadership, responding at pace to re-prioritise objectives in line with the organisation’s changing needs.
The assignment will last for 5/6 months whilst they recruit permanently, and day rate will be dependent on experience inside IR35. If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out, as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsNeel Patel: 07917 585 518