29 May 2021
Interim Operations Director - Midlands
Our client, a leading well being Charity based in the Midlands, are looking to recruit an experienced Interim Operations Director for a period of up to 6 months. You must have experience of working in the Charities/Not for Profit Sector, and be available to start early May.
The Key deliverables of the role are:
- To lead the strategic development, oversight and delivery of support services to improve the wellbeing of our beneficiaries, ensuring that they are aligned to our strategic objectives, goals, vision and mission.
- As part of the SLT play a key role in the strategic planning for the whole organisation to enable this organisation to achieve its goals and objectives. To collaborate work effectively with SLT colleagues, Board of trustees, and in particular the Support Services Committee and Audit and Risk Committee. Leading on all service activities and supporting the delivery of the wider organisational strategic plans, promoting effective team working across the organisation
- Monitor and evaluate support services to ensure they are meeting the needs of the beneficiaries and ensure they are still current and suitable for the organisation.
- To ensure the organisation has access to effective HR support.
- To act as the responsible person for Health and Safety matters.
- To lead the strategic development of the organisation’s central resource strategies (HR, Facilities and IT) to support the delivery of this Charity’s strategic priorities, vision and mission.
- To ensure this Charity complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements in Health and Safety, GDPR, HR and ICT by adhering to best practice guidance where appropriate.
- To ensure that all facilities are maintained to a high standard and that they are able to be used fully at all times.
- Identify and manage any risks in the services, Health and safety and Facilities area of the organisation.
The ideal person will have a strong background in HR & Operations within the Charities sector. This role will initially be delivered remotely in line with the current government guidelines however as soon as restrictions are eased a blended approach will be required to deliver this role.
This will be an in scope position, and can either be remunerated on a day rate of £525 or on a Fixed Term Contract basis on a pro rata salary of up to £75k.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an updated CV to Sophie.younger@gatenbySanderson.com
Please note that only suitable candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSophie Younger: 07384 810 211