Job Title: Interim Director of Governance & Risk
Sector: Not For Profit
Salary - £55k FTC / £525 day rate inside IR35
Up to 6 months - Remote working initially but travel maybe needed at some stage for occasional meetings in the Bristol area and other locations across the UK
Must be able to start by the end of April.
An established national cycling and walking charity are looking for an Interim Director of Governance & Risk to ensure that their standards of governance (with the Board and at levels below) keeps pace with their ambition after experiencing growth and increasing relevance to society. This charity has done a lot of work on their approach to risk management so the successful candidate will lead the continued embedding and improvement of this process.
A list of priorities for this role include:
1. Start shaping and performing the new role, including agenda planning for Board, sub-committees and executive business; receive a handover from the current Executive Business Manager (who will be leaving on 30 April 2021).
2. Establish effective working relationships with the CEO, Chair, Committee Chairs, Executive Team, Directors and direct reports - Governance & Risk Manager, Executive & Governance Support Officer – and recruit a new Executive Assistant (PA to CEO)
3. Establish an effective, clear and simple policy review
4. Set up a Remuneration Committee (a new sub-committee of the Board of Trustees)
5. Complete a comprehensive handover pack for the permanent postholder (recruitment process to commence in April)
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an updated CV to Sophie.email@example.com by COP on Thursday 1st April, please note that only relevant candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSophie Younger: 07384 810 211