31 May 2021
A Borough Council seeks an ambitious manager with a strong understanding of commercial and residential development to help achieve their property development and regeneration aspirations. Your ability to drive forward the development of key sites will be essential to ensure the borough continues to grow and serve its communities. The role will focus on pre-construction project work, such as preparing feasibility studies, commissioning consultant teams and surveys, and leading on concept design development for new schemes as well as having responsibility for the appointment and management of agents and pre and post completion letting/sales. You will be adept at developing business cases, leading multi disciplinary teams and undertaking bids for funding.
Duties will include but will not be limited to the below:
- Provide professional and technical advice on behalf of the council to bring forward major projects and regeneration initiatives.
- Take a lead and have responsibility for supporting specific regeneration projects.
- Lead and work collaboratively with master planners, developers, surveyors, architects and multiple stakeholders to meet project aims and objectives.
- Secure public and private investment to enable delivery: prepare and present reports/business cases to stakeholders, senior leadership team and committees of the council and any other bodies as required
- Contract management of external consultants/agents
The assignment will last for approximately 6 months, and day rate will be £500 outside of IR35.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out, as well as your contact details and availability.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsAbi O'Brien: 07867 455 224