10 May 2021
A London Borough is currently looking for an Interim Director of People and OD. They are looking for an experienced senior leader who can provide strategic leadership on all areas of HR and OD, with a particular focus on delivering the Council’s new workforce strategy and organisational change following on from the COVID crisis. The successful individual should have a track record of delivering real change and be a practical, delivery focussed leader able to conceptualise change but ensure that it is delivered using agile and outcome focussed techniques. You must be able to demonstrate that you have delivered sustained change that made a significant difference to the working lives of managers, employees and organisations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and delivering significant programmes of work in order for us to meet the aims of our ambitious new workforce strategy
- Leading a process of organisational change that will allow the Council to reset following COVID and deliver the Councils Public Service Strategy
- Driving through our workplace EDI agenda and Deliver the priorities in our ethnicity and gender pay gap strategies
- Ensure that all members of staff benefit from new ways of working when the Council move into their new offices in Fellowship Square
- Manage the Council’s small HR team (from June/July)
The Council’s HR team is very small so the successful candidate will need to work collegiately to provide leadership across the Council, and to commission and create partnerships which can deliver our strategy. They must be able to demonstrate successful delivery of whole organisational change delivered in innovative and cost effective ways. If you would like to apply for this role please submit a C.V detailing the criteria listed above. This role falls inside IR35 c£600 for 6 months.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsAnton Ramdhanie: 07384 253674