A northern City Council are seeking an Interim Commercial Director who will be responsible for developing new strategies and policy frameworks to address specific long-term aspects of the city's economic growth agenda including district centres, land acquisitions and cultural developments. In post you will lead on major developments and property transactions to ensure the economic growth of the City, ensuring the successful delivery of high value development projects that will generate investment, promote the retention and attraction of jobs, and promote regeneration, improvement and transformation of residential areas and district centres. Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for securing and growing investment income, and managing the Council’s surplus non-operational assets, to generate capital receipts and income.
- Ensures the Council uses land and property assets to effectively support the growth, place making and sustainability agenda.
- Act as the authority’s most senior property officer and discharge delegated powers under the Council’s constitution.
- Lead on the delivery of specific regeneration schemes throughout the City ensuring that they are aligned to and reflect strategic plans for residential growth, commercial growth and cultural offerings.
- Ensure that the Council has robust development plans that support economic growth and regeneration within the City.
- Lead on the identification and development of appropriate sites within the City for the development of new primary, secondary and special schools to reflect the changing population of the City.
- Lead on estates strategies for transformation, rationalisation and asset management of the operational estate. Lead on the development of strategies to co-locate public services within the City Council’s Operational Estate and within facilities owned by other public services.
This role will be for 3-6 months inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience. If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out, as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate before 24th March.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsNeel Patel: 07917 585 518