20 April 2021
We are working with a North West Council to find an Interim Director of Housing and Residential Growth. The purpose of the role is to provide strategic leadership and management to the Housing and Residential Growth Service, delivering organisational and directorate aims and objectives through the management of service leads. The Strategic Development Directorate’s main focus is to secure new commercial development, attract inward investment and secure employment growth, along with delivering the City Council’s Residential Growth Strategy and Housing Affordability Plan which seeks to underpin the city’s economic growth trajectory within the context of the Strategy. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure that the City Council’s Housing Revenue Account delivers sufficient investment capability to support our housing responsibilities and managed in line with the statutory obligations.
- Lead and discharge the duties as Chief Executive, and in doing so act as the City Council’s primary point of contact (both internally and with external partners and stakeholder, and potential investors) for all matters relating to residential growth and housing.
- Working with the private rented sector Landlords to ensure licensing is robust, whilst delivering improvements for tenants within the sector.
- Represent the City Council on relevant arrangements associated with housing and residential growth.
- Lead and work with the Head of Homelessness to ensure housing supply meets the city’s demands for different types of settled accommodation working with Registered Social Landlords, the Voluntary Sector and the Private Rented Sector.
This role will be for 3-6 months inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience. If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out above by 5pm 24th February 2021.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsNeel Patel: 07917 585 518