19 April 2021
Our client, a progressive Local Authority in London are looking to appoint an Interim Programme Manager to lead on various programme streams associated with their Affordable Homes strategy. This will be an immediate start, the contract will be for 12 months depending on deliverables being achieved and subject to being extended.
The key deliverables are outlined below:
To act as the agent of the client and support delivery against the client's requirements through matrix management:
- To co-ordinate and manage the delivery of all build projects within the Housing Revenue Account and support reporting across all wider housing delivery programmes including regeneration against key milestones. Requires the ability to oversee various housing delivery projects moving at pace and experience of project managing the delivery of affordable housing across various sites.
- Maintain and develop mechanisms for project managers to report progress and risks against delivery and spend on a site by site basis. Requires the ability to act as a critical friend, supporting and challenging colleagues to deliver best practice and meet client requirements.
- Ensure delivery risks are regularly reviewed, identified early and addressed by mitigations.
- Maintain project controls for all projects (sites) in the programme, ensuring a single source of truth across the full range of deliverables and costs.
- Identify the critical path for the delivery of each project (site), ensuring risks are forecasted where possible and pre-emptive mitigations in place where required.
- Ensure compliance documents are recorded against each scheme and that these meet the requirements to pass, with excellence, internal and external audit.
- Manage a project administrator’s within the team.
You must have a solid track record in delivering Programmes against budget and timescales, it is essential for this to be within a build environment, either Social Housing or Local Authority development. The role will be inscope of IR35 on a day rate of £550.
If you would like to apply to this role, please forward an updated CV to Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only relevant applications will be contacted.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSophie Younger: 07384 810 211