27 October 2020
A London Borough are looking for a Chief Accountant for a term of 3 months, beginning in November. The ideal candidate will have most recently worked in a London Borough, and some responsibilities will include;
- To be the primary expert on financial accounting regulations and be the primary advisor on this subject matter to the Council’s statutory section 151 Officer.
- To hold the day-to-day responsibility for the Council’s system of financial controls, ensuring that all key reconciliations are produced monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on their importance and the regularity.
- To regularly liaise and manage relationships with the External Auditors at a senior level.
- To manage the production of the Council’s Single entity and Group accounts.
- To manage the end of year capital and asset accounting processes.
- To manage the financial accounting function and present to directors and councillors on the matter, where appropriate.
- To ensure that the team provide specialist financial accounting advice to budget holders and officers in other parts of Finance to support decision-making and financial modelling of major business cases.
- To be the day-to-day system owner of SAP, BPC, CIPFA Asset Manager and any system related to the Council’s Accounts.
If you are available and interested please Email your CV, day rate and availability to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss next steps. This role will be inside IR35.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.