05 October 2020
A London Borough are looking for a Principle Manager of Homelessness, Independence and Preventative Services for a minimum term of 3 months.
The post holder will be required to;
- lead on service initiatives as delegated by the Assistant Director of HIPS using appropriate project management techniques, handling budgets and risks within the agreed limits;
- motivate a large multi-discipline team with diverse skills, working with partners, to deliver high-quality outputs on time and under pressure;
- deputise for the Assistant Director of HIPS, to oversee all phases of homelessness prevention, including: assessment, management of the housing register, allocation of emergency and temporary accommodation, prevention and progression of caseloads under HRA, and assessment and discharge of the main homelessness duty;
- contribute effectively to writing and review of strategy, policy and procedures, including production of formal reports to Cabinet, to propose and agree improvements in efficiency and effectiveness;
- manage external relationships, including leading on campaigns of public engagement on homelessness, to raise awareness amongst residents, responding to member and resident complaints in a sensitive and efficient manner;
- contribute to the development of strong working partnerships with statutory and VCSE partners, to improve outreach and enable better interventions with the hardest to help.
If you, or any of your networks may be interested in this role, please send your CV, availability and day rate to Rebecca.Lamb@gatenbysanderson.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
I look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.