Interim Associate Director for Corporate Communications – Fixed Term Assignment at Band 8d (inside IR35) – North West England – 6 months +
We are currently supporting a National Health Organisation in the North West with their search for an experienced Communications Professional to undertake a 6-month contract for them, ideally on a fixed term contract directly employed by them. The role is to cover the current post holder who is stepping into a secondment so the whilst the role is for 6 months initially, for the right person, it could possibly extend beyond this.
The position will report into the organisations Director of Communications and the successful candidate will then in turn, have 3 direct reports themselves.
The corporate communications team is pivotal to managing, protecting, and promoting the reputation of this Health Organisation and as such the overall team are responsible for the corporate website, enquiry handling (with internal and external stakeholders), strategic audience research and delivery of the internal comms and engagement strategy.
Within this contract the role holders’ duties will include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing, reducing, refreshing and creating content for the website.
- Developing a new strategic corporate communications plan that will form the basis for the organisations work over the next five years.
- Overseeing the overall corporate communications team in fulfilling their roles
- Maintain high standards of delivery within enquiry handling and audience research
Suitable candidate for this role should have similar solid, proven work experience at a Senior Level gained from working in other large public sector/health organisations. Additionally, suitable candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- An experienced communications leader, an “all-rounder” with a thorough knowledge of multiple corporate communications disciplines - including digital content design, website transformation, staff communications, audience insight and public-facing enquiry services - and the role these play in a major national organisation
- A proven track record of strategic content design and transformation
- Experience of strategic planning for multi-channel internal and external communications plans that contribute towards corporate strategy
- The post holder must be an excellent writer and editor
- Strong communication and networking skills as well as the ability to lead, nurture and develop a team of staff
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.