15 September 2020
Interim Performance Director – Band 9 (inside IR35) – North West – 12 months – start date ASAP (no later than November) – part home based, part office based
We are currently supporting an NHS Health Provider in the North West who are looking for a strong, experienced Performance Director to undertake a 12-month contract for them either on a day rate or Fixed Term Contract directly with them.
The position will report into the Trusts Director of Strategy and role will predominantly focus on leading and developing a strategy for accountability, improvement and performance reporting. Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing a medium sized team, coaching, developing, nurturing team members as well as holding roles holders to account.
- Maintaining and improving the performance function including overseeing Performance Assurance, Performance Management, Performance Improvement, Service Redesign, Demand and Capacity analysis as well as Diagnostic and intervention/ implementation support.
- Developing and implementing an integrated performance management framework from Board to Ward.
- Setting up systems of accountability within the organisation to include implementing robust reporting mechanisms for escalating performance management issues against key deliverables. Embedding and managing these key performance indicators.
- Undertaking strategic planning.
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships across the organisation as well as establishing and building networks with external agencies.
In order to apply for this role, candidates should have similar solid, proven work experience at a Senior Level gained from working in other NHS organisations. Additionally, suitable candidates should ideally possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Specialist knowledge of organisational performance management principles and practice
- Specialist knowledge and expertise in service improvement and transformation acquired in a transformation / operational / performance management environment in Healthcare
- Highly specialist knowledge and proven track record of developing and implementing performance management systems
- Experienced in the application of Lean, flow management and whole system improvement work
- Evidence of successfully leading significant organisational change in developing new models of healthcare delivery
- Experienced in design and implementation of patient care systems, with proven track record of taking responsibility for the delivery of care processes for patients and carers.
- Experience of capacity planning and translating organisation strategy and vision into operational objectives.
- Experience of building, maintaining and utilising successful relationships with all staff especially clinicians within complex organisations
- Strong communication and networking skills as well as the ability to lead, nurture and develop a team of staff
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.