10 September 2020
A London Borough are looking for a Head of Traffic and Transport for a 6 month period starting ASAP. The post holder will lead the busy traffic management and transport planning service; overseeing the effective implementation of their ambitious Streetspace programme, which includes over 20 Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, 30+ school streets and range of pop up cycle lanes.
Some key responsibilities will include
- To be the Authority’s Statutory Transport Manager.
- To lead the Division and ensure the delivery of high quality and integrated transport, traffic management and highways planning advice service which help to improve the economic, social and environmental well being of the borough and support the delivery of the Council’s wider corporate plan targets:
- To ensure the delivery of high quality and integrated transport, policy, design services and programmes which help to improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the borough and support the delivery of the Council’s wider corporate plan targets:
- To develop a transport strategy that is fully integrated with the Council’s other place shaping strategies and provides the vision for improving transport services and infrastructure in the borough.
- To lead the design, consultation and funding services necessary to achieve the provision of new highways infrastructure that supports sustainable travel and road safety initiatives.
- To devise and deliver an integrated road safety education and travel demand management service to effect improvements to road safety and a redistribution of modal use towards more healthy and sustainable choices.
- To support the Borough’s regeneration efforts and improve the provision of public transport by negotiation with Transport for London, transport operators and developers.
- To oversee the Council’s land survey and CAD service in order to support the section’s infrastructure design functions and to provide an efficient and effective resource for other sections within the Council.
- To ensure that the Division assists the Council’s selected highway maintenance contractor in achieving a major programme of improvement works, through the prompt processing of any necessary orders and other support.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and availability details to Anton.Ramdhanie@gatenbysanderson.com
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.