01 September 2020
Revenues and Benefits Programme Manager.
A London Borough is transforming its Revenues and Benefits Service and currently recruiting a Programme Manager to support the transformation and integration of the Revenues service.
This role will lead on coordination of the new TOM and integrate the function with existing services within Community Solutions. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading revenues and benefits services and experience of redesigning Local Authority service delivery. The candidate will have recent knowledge, experience and a demonstrable track record of:
- Managing and transforming Local Authority Revenues / Debt Collection Service
- Generating income from optimising revenue collection and debt recovery in Local Government
- The working practises of successful revenues & benefits operations
- Senior manager experience, dealing with and leading large groups/teams
- Council tax, business rates, housing, general debtors and Parking debt knowledge
- Multiple debt collection processes, a view of single debt approach
- Implementing new recovery processes – including Bailiffs
- Working with stakeholders at all levels to agree, establish and deliver a strategic approach to improving collection rates
- Working with and supporting service managers to design and deliver innovative and sustainable service improvements
- Designing and authoring high quality project deliverables for executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with a proven ability to achieve consensus between senior stakeholders
- Knowledge / experience of relevant technology opportunities and its practical application.
The successful candidate will have a rapid impact, deliver quick wins and recoup their cost many-fold through increased collection and debt recovery.
The role is outside IR35 for 6 months at £550 per day. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, your availability to start and your expected day rate to email@example.com
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.