12 August 2020
Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
Chief Executive Fixed Term Appointment Competitive Salary
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) is the statutory body established by the Parliamentary Standards Act (2009). IPSA has three main responsibilities:
- To regulate MPs’ business costs and expenses.
- To determine MPs’ pay and pension arrangements.
- To provide financial support to MPs in carrying out their parliamentary functions.
IPSA are looking to appoint a new Chief Executive on a fixed term basis. The role will include leading the organisation through a period of significant change aimed at providing higher quality support services to MPs. You will develop and implement IPSA’s strategic plans, building confidence among stakeholders, inspiring our people and harnessing digital opportunities to help transform the organisation.
In order to succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- successful leadership at CEO level within a comparable environment such as a high profile, publicly focused organisation
- proven track record of achieving results
- experience of successfully leading culture change, developing and leading a high performing organisation
- working with a Board and being accountable to it
- building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Interviews will be held week commencing 24th August, with the successful candidate starting in September.
Closing date for applications is 13th August 2020.
Candidates will be required to obtain security clearance to CTC level.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.