Interim Director of Quality and Clinical Governance – North England – 6 months – Competitive Day rate
GatenbySanderson are currently partnering with an Acute NHS Trust in the North of England in their search for an Interim Director of Quality and Clinical Governance. This is an exciting, newly created opportunity that will see the successful candidate reporting into the Medical Director with a dotted line into the Chief Nurse.
Our Client requires someone for this role to start between August and early September for approximately 6 months whilst they look to recruit to the substantive post. Ideally, our client like someone in the role on a full-time basis, however, they would consider someone who would like to work less if they were the perfect candidate. There will also be the opportunity to work from home a little as well.
The role will involve undertaking the following duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordinating, facilitating and developing the Quality Improvement Programme as well as implementing CQC action plans. Standards are currently high at this Trust, however, this role will play a key part in ensuring that the Quality department is more visible and proactive across the wider organisation.
- Directly line managing 3 Heads of the Quality, Assurance and Risk Teams as well as having dotted line responsibility for approximately 15 other staff
- Supporting the transformation of multi professional practice using patient feedback and patient safety incidents as core resources in clinical quality improvement
- Deputising for the Medical Director and Chief Nurse in relation to Clinical Governance and dealing with relevant regulatory bodies
In order to apply for this role, suitable applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
- Solid, proven work experience from a similar level role within the NHS (8d or 9)
- Experience of working within Quality and Clinical Governance at an Acute Provider
- A compassionate leadership style, with an ability to coach, mentor and increase engagement of staff through a positive and encouraging approach
- Applicants should be forward thinking, collaborative and proactive with an innate ability to build relationships with peers and stakeholders
- A Nursing background and qualification would be beneficial but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit an up to date copy of your CV that supports the criteria set out in the person specification as well as your contact details, availability and desired rate. Due to the number of applications we are currently receiving for roles, we will only be in contact with candidates who meet the required criteria to discuss the role further.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.