27 July 2020
A public sector regulatory body are seeking a home-based Director of Resources for a period of 3-4 months. The ideal candidate will be from a public sector background and have experience in Central Government, Regulation and/or Local Government.
Some responsibilities will include;
- Strategic leadership to support effective and efficient decision making on the use of resources across the organisation.
- To be accountable for the delivery of efficient, effective, customer focused support services to the organisation
- To ensure best practice professional advice and to ensure the effective management of risks
- Accountable for delivering effective financial planning, alongside developing and delivering the annual budget process
- To ensure the proper stewardship of public funds, ensuring effective financial management, procurement and payroll support and advice across the organisation, within a system of financial control that reflects best practice and is proportionate to the size of the organisation.
- Effective oversight of all information governance, assurance and security functions, supporting the Siro as Deputy Siro in the effective delivery of responsibilities.
- To act as budget holder for all resource and capital expenditure for all services within the Resources portfolio
- To substitute for and make decisions on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer when required and as necessary.
If you are interested, do apply online or e-mail your CV to Rebecca.Lamb@gatenbysanderson.com
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.