28 July 2020
A County Council is undertaking a major transformation programme which will have an impact on all residents, customers and staff of the authority. The Organisational Development Team has a major role in supporting this change ensuring our skills, values and behavioural frameworks are appropriate to support our residents in the future. This means they are currently seeking an Interim OD Consultant, in this post you will you will report into the Head of Organisational Development and work closely with stakeholders at all levels (including senior leaders) as well as the wider HR community to plan, develop and lead the implementation of agreed organisation development strategies aligned to the business needs of the council. The post holder will be required to work in a fast paced environment to facilitate organisational and cultural change. Keeping up to date with HR and policy developments across the public sector and other sectors and using this knowledge to continuously improve the OD offer is vital. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performance management. This includes working with stakeholders to continuously improve and ensure compliance with the performance and review framework (objective setting, competencies, development planning, toolkits and learning and development). It also includes ensuring the effectiveness of our systems and processes.
- Employee engagement. This includes responsibility for managing large scale staff engagement events, staff engagement surveys, supporting staff networks and focus groups, communicating results and providing related support and resources as well as using the findings to inform our wider learning and development programme.
- Change management support. This includes the development and maintenance of frameworks, toolkits and learning and development to increase change capability and support delivery of the council’s strategic agenda.
- Leadership development. This includes leading the continuous improvement of our leadership development programmes including commissioning, monitoring and reviewing learning and development interventions for current and future leaders.
- Workforce development. This includes leading on the induction of new employees, development and maintenance of L&D toolkit, providing advice and guidance on developing teams and individuals using a broad range of formal and informal development approaches plus managing the internal and external coaching pool contracts.
This role will initially be for 3-6 months c£500 inside IR35.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.