25 May 2020
This Local Authority already has a significant economic programme of work underway, having bold ambitions for the future and a holistic approach to whole-place planning to maximise economic, social and health related benefits for residents, businesses and communities. The period between May and September will focus on a fast-paced programme of activity which will promote the Authority's Place vision and set out a clearly defined roadmap to delivering success, ensuring that the appropriate resource, partnerships and governance structures are in place to achieve success. The COVID-19 Pandemic has created significant uncertainty in the economy locally, nationally and internationally and therefore the next 6+ month period requires a flexible, short term resource to support the Economic Development and Prosperity Directorate on an interim basis.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of delivering economic development in a public sector environment including
- High levels of business networks, experience and knowledge
- Ability to take complex evidence base and data sets and apply them to strategic intent
- Demonstrable experience of place brand (and product) development and promotion in an investment context
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of infrastructure delivery as an economic enabler across, spatial planning, digital, employment land etc.
- Exceptional communication skills across written, verbal and presentational with a variety of stakeholders at a variety of levels
- An ability to demonstrate strong political acumen
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.