06 April 2020
GatenbySanderson are currently partnering with an NHS Commissioning Organisation in the Greater Manchester area in their search for an Interim CTO/Head of IT to begin work for them as soon as possible for a 6-month period whilst they recruit to this role substantively. The role would ordinarily be based party at home and partly on site at the offices in Manchester, however, due to the current situation the post should be able to be undertaken from home in the main.
The role will involve (but not be limited to) undertaking the following duties:
- Acting as the point of contact for IT matters for all CCG service users
- Manage the department in regards to risks, issues and incidents to ensure that they are resolved quickly with the minimum disruption to service users.
- Building and maintaining relationships with local partner organisations to ensure that their IT concerns and issues are captured and addressed
- Review requests for new and additional equipment and advising users appropriately.
- Manage the existing IT staff to ensure that they are working effectively and efficiently.
- Support and lead on the development and delivery of the CCG IT Strategy
- Enable the CCG and its GP Practices to embrace the national and local Digital Agendas
- Ensure that the benefits are realised and maximised from current and future IT/Digital initiatives
- Engage with other organisations and locality to share best practice
- Monitor existing IT Services and ensure that they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the CCG and it’s GP Practices
- Hold regular supplier meetings on the behalf of the CCG and it’s GP practices to ensure that services continue to meet agreed KPIs and are addressing the requirements of service users.
- Suggest and implement continuous service improvements
In order to apply for this role suitable applicants should have solid, proven work experience from a similar role within a Healthcare NHS organisation as well as significant IT technical knowledge, strong people management skills and demonstratable communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this position please do apply by sending in your up to date CV along with any supporting information as soon as possible. Closing date for this role is 10th April 2020. Interim Head of IT/CTO – Competitive Day Rate (Inside IR35) – Greater Manchester (home working available) – 6 months + with a view to permanency for the right candidate.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.