13 April 2020
The primary function of this post is to lead and oversee the operation of strong Information Management across the Council and to be the designated Data Protection Officer and manager of the FOI/IM Team. This involves a set of multi-disciplinary structures, policies, procedures, processes and controls which must to be developed, adopted and implemented across the Information Management and Governance function and the wider Council. Using the principles set down in the Information Management Strategy, the post holder must be able to implement systems which both control and audit information on all media in such a way that it supports the Council’s immediate and future regulatory, legal, risk, environmental and operational requirements. As DPO, they will also hold the relationship with the Information Commissioner. Other duties will include but not be limited to:
- To be the designated Data Protection Officer for the Council and the point of contact with the regulatory body, the Information Commission.
- To horizon scan for changes in legislation and strategy from an Information Governance perspective and inform the senior management team of Business Information and Governance of the impacts, risks and actions needed to be managed or taken.
- To manage the FOI/IM Team, providing support and undertaking performance management in compliance with all Council policies and procedures.
- To embed in every system the ability to analyse data to ensure that equality duties and accessibility requirements are corporately met.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of themselves and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
This role is for 3-6 months inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.