25 June 2020
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Specialist with experience in construction and capital projects (as opposed to FM projects) to be an integral part of our growing team, delivering sustained excellence and innovation across construction and capital programmes to benefit our citizens, businesses and staff. The Procurement team is CIPS accredited for Procurement Excellence and provides high quality, professional support to 2 London Boroughs, who between them have a combined capital project pipeline in excess of £800m. These projects cover regeneration, housing, education and civic infrastructure and reflect a new level of impetus and investment in both Councils.
This is a key role that works closely with senior managers and suppliers to lead, develop, deliver and manage the supply chain that supports construction. The scope of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Lead on construction procurements including supporting with competitive dialogues, management and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance to ensure value and quality of delivery.
- Provide innovative procurement solutions to deliver high profile projects on time and on budget as a key member of multiple project delivery teams.
- Provide strategic advice to leadership, identify opportunities and plan supply chain activities.
- Work closely with managers and colleagues in Growth, Housing, Property, Legal and Finance across both Councils.
- The role will require presence across the two Councils that the team currently support and these will be at various sites.
This role will be a 9 months maternity cover FTC.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.