13 April 2020
As Lead User Researcher you will be an expert practitioner, leading and aligning user research activities across several teams. At this level, you will be expected to ensure that teams take a user-centred, evidence-based approach to service design and delivery, and develop and assure good user research practice. What you will do:
- Work as part of the Service Transformation leadership team to ensure that user research is aligned to organisational aims and objectives
- Be an inspiring leader, coach and trainer on all things service design and user research, to become a trusted adviser for user research
- Oversee every member of the User Research team, their role, their assignments, development, pay and performance
- Manage hiring, moves and exits from the User Research team, covering public servants and contractors
- Line-manage, coach and up-skill user researchers in the team
- Build, develop, skill and support a user research community of practice across the council
- Provide team leadership, mentorship, and pastoral line management to the user researchers in the Service Transformation Team and beyond
- Research skills. You can help an organisation adopt a wide range of user research methods. You can lead a community of practice to help an organisation continually assure, improve and innovate their user research.
- User-centred and agile practices. You understand and have experience of a range of user-centred practices. You can help inexperienced teams adopt user-centred practices and embed them into their agile workflow. You can advocate for user research and engage sceptical colleagues and stakeholders. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
What’s in it for you? This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional, high-performing team. You’ll be working for an ambitious organisation seeking to improve experience by delivering first-class services. You’ll break new ground in the sector. In doing so, you’ll further your own profile and career. You’ll also help improve thousands of people’s lives for years to come.
This role is inside IR35 c£800 per day for 6 months.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.