12 March 2020
A Greater London Council are seeking an interim Head of Revenues and Benefits to be the strategic and operational lead on all matters relating to Revenues and Benefits within the Council. You will have autonomy within the Council for key decisions of a specialist service nature that determine the long-term development and delivery strategy of the Revenues and Benefits services within the department including inputting into the direction of Customer Services and influencing how the customer contact element is delivered. The post holder will give high level policy and specialist advice to Cabinet, elected members and the Director across Revenues and Benefits including advice on delivery options and strategy, identifying longer term impact on the wider Council services, systems development and innovation, information management and the Council’s transformation Programme Other duties will include but not be limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage delivery of strategic and operational plans and projects to provide the Council a cost effective and efficient Revenues and Benefits Service in association with partnership organisations
- Lead the Council on all strategy and policy matters concerned with the Revenues and Benefits service :
- Implement systems to develop, monitor and maintain corporate policies, standards and guidelines on all Revenues and Benefits matters
- Develop the capability of the Council to deliver all Revenues and Benefits strategically, proposing and implementing changes to organisational structures and business processes
- Lead, manage and promote the services of the Revenues and Benefits Service and be the head of profession for all Revenues and Benefits staff
This role is initially for 6 months inside IR35 c£550 per day.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.