25 February 2020
The Lead Organisation Development & Change Practitioner will lead an ambitious team within our Organisation Development & People function owning multifaceted workstreams which cover the breadth of the Authority. You will develop creative and innovative organisational development interventions across the organisation, motivate and ultimately empower leaders and their teams to take ownership for their change agenda. This will transform the conversation we have with our residents and ultimately the way the council meets an ever demanding agenda. Using a robust organisational development approach you will lead a team to develop and implement the change programmes across the business, ensuring that the change programme’s benefits are fully realised and that sustainable change is delivered. The role will also ensure that all planned change initiatives for new and existing transformation programmes are reviewed through a culture lens. You will ensure you embed our vision for the organisation and develop and deliver plans with stakeholders to embed a culture that supports future requirements. Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
- Engage and motivate a team of change professionals.
- Think creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Provide change advice and guidance and act as a change subject matter expert, applying various change techniques and tools
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team; sharing best practice, lessons learnt and progress updates ensuring a joined up approach to achieving organisational change
This role is for 4-6 months inside IR35 c£550 per day.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.