27 February 2020
Chief Digital & Information Officer
Our Central Government client is looking to appoint an interim Chief Digital and Information Officer who will report directly into the Chief Executive and work alongside other Central Government bodies to achieve role objectives. Some key responsibilities will be;
- To lead the development of the digital, data and technology capability to deliver the organisation’s overall strategy and goals;
- To work closely with the bodies' Digital Team, ensuring that digitally driven solutions and services are fully supported by the right architecture and systems and service management;
- To drive forward the development and implementation of a civil-service led digital directorate which can take full lifecycle ownership of new digital services which provide outstanding service to the public and staff, itself a major change programme with £50m p.a. additional capacity.
- Supporting frontline delivery, and supporting operational priorities through the shared common platform (once transitioned).
- Develop a civil-service led digital service with the capability to develop and enhance services in-house.
- Providing strong leadership and support at a senior-level for IT and digital technology solutions that can transform the Department’s current and future business programmes;
- Create digital, data and technology standards to ensure solutions which are designed, built and procured to meet user needs, relevant standards, and are accessible to all.
This role will be appointed ASAP and day rate will be dependent on experience (Inside IR35).
The appointed candidate will lead a Digital & Technology Directorate of around 110 FTE, with a budget of approximately £140m.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.