27 February 2020
A London Council are seeking an interim Head of Traffic and Parking. The Council has declared a Climate and Health Emergency and is developing a set of strategies and policies focused on reducing the adverse impact of climate change and poor air quality. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To lead, manage and direct a high-quality, traffic and parking service with excellence in customer service, innovation; continuous improvement and risk minimisation
- To lead enforcement and operational aspects of the borough’s parking service including management of on-street enforcement, car pound management, permits, appeals and debt recovery
- To lead and implement the Council’s parking policy, traffic and design decisions, driving performance, customer satisfaction and ensuring effective financial control and budget management.
- To improve services for the customer, ensuring that parking is enforced in a proportionate and transparent manner, and that it is accessible and easily understood by the customer.
- To be responsible for the development of service changes and programmes of work to address the constantly changing demands in relation to parking policies, design, law and practices, ensuring the service is kept abreast of relevant legislation and technical developments.
This role will be for a minimum of 6 months and is likely to be an FTC, a day rate inside IR35 will be considered.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.