09 February 2020
A South Western Council are looking for an Interim Head of Property for a term of 3-6 months, the postholder will work with colleagues to shape and deliver service plans that support delivery of the corporate strategy, delivering projects and programmes across our property/estate rationalisation and modernisation initiatives. This role leads and manages the end to end aspects of the Council’s significant property portfolio circa. £1.9bn, from setting strategy and acquisitions, through the management and maintenance, to disposal and receipts. There are over 1600 diverse properties in the estate including: commercial properties, leisure centres, public toilets, council offices, schools, libraries, depots, social care premises, One Stop Shops, heritage buildings and monuments, art galleries and mines. The post holder will be working to develop the Corporate Landlord approach across the whole property estate.This is a challenging, demanding yet exciting role across such a vast range of properties and the technical skills required will vary depending on the particular part of the property life-cycle being delivered on any individual site/project. The role holder is expected to provide the strategic direction, advise and endorse the approach on estate management. The post holder will act with a high degree of autonomy and discretion to carry out the specialist and complex duties. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Create and maintain a property strategy that considers all aspects of property end to end from acquisition right through to disposal. This includes the ownership of the Property Strategy within the Organisational Development Framework.
- To develop a modern and fit for purpose Property and Asset Management service including the implementation and benefit realisation from the Asset Management system.
- Build a strong relationship with property experts and owners across the Public Sector to deliver the One Public Estate Programme objectives.
- To manage the Office estate, through strong leadership, performance and general management including leading the rationalisation and usage direction.
- To work closely with the Devolution team providing oversight and coordination and a more strategic view on Place Shaping.
- To ensure the routine Acquisition, valuation of assets and Disposal take place at best value for money.
The day rate will be between £475-£575 per day inside IR35 dependent on experience and the contract will last approximately 3-6 months.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.