21 November 2019
An NHS trust in the Northern Home Counties are seeking an Interim Strategic Projects Programme Director. This post holder will lead on the development and delivery of the Trust’s strategy and programme of strategic projects, including the Trust’s contribution to the local Strategic Transformation Plan.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure robust programme and project delivery and governance; including co-ordination and support of project managers; identify any need for external consultants/advisers; effective procurement of external resources including preparation of clear briefs.
- Monitor the success of programmes against the required outcomes, ensuring that an effective monitoring system is in place and key milestones are met
- Work as a senior member of the Trust’s strategy directorate, supporting the director as required.
- Report against the financial plan for the strategic projects programme.
- Liaise with the Trust’s Communications & Engagement Team as required to support and ensure effective programme and project engagement, both internally and externally.
Candidates must hold a masters' degree, or equivalent qualifications and experience, a Prince 2 qualification (or equivalent), and evidence of continued professional development. Experience developing business cases to enable service reconfiguration to time, quality and budget, and of designing and delivering strategic projects, is essential. Experience of board-level and very senior decision making would be highly advantageous.
The client is looking for a candidate to start ASAP and cover this position until the end of January 2020. The role will be remunerated at ca. £550 per day.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.