11 November 2019
A South London Council runs a service that provides adult education and learning across the borough. Following a recent options appraisal, it has been decided to retain the service within the council and to fully transform it. The Transformation Project Manager role is to programme and oversee this transformation programme. There are several interdependencies and overlaps between the workstreams so this is a key role in ensuring the programme is kept on track. There will be significant work to oversee with the service and colleagues across the council and this role is responsible for bringing together the right people at the right time, ensuring workstreams are delivered to timeframes and budget. Some of the key deliverables for this role by September 2020 are:
- To produce a project plan with key milestones for the transformation programme that has 6 workstreams to it
- To use the project plan to show interdependencies and reduce duplication in the delivery
- To liaise with key services and partners to keep the project on track
- To co-ordinate and document regular project updates with key staff and stakeholders
- To provide weekly project updates to senior officers
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following to an exceptional standard:
- Experience of project managing complex programmes of transformation
- Experience of liaising with a range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience of dealing with Elected Members
This role is for 1 day a week till 31st March 2020, increasing to 2 days a week until 30th September 2020 c£500 a day outside IR35. Days and hours to be worked are flexible and dependant on the needs of the programme.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.