29 October 2019
Assistant Director Housing Supply
A London borough are seeking an Interim Asst Director Housing Supply to lead on a range of initiatives to increase affordable housing in the borough including coordinating the Council’s ambitious newbuild housing programme to provide 600 additional homes of which 50% will be for social rent, as well as a programme of housing acquisitions and other housing supply projects. Duties will include but be limited to:
- Lead and direct the development and delivery of new homes by the Council, as lead client representative guiding the programme.
- To contribute to the development and management of a portfolio of both statutory and non-statutory strategic and local plans that will deliver further housing for the Borough.
- To co-ordinate, develop and implement the Housing contribution to economic growth through the development of strategy and new solutions and innovative responses to increase the level of housing supply in the city.
- To act as lead officer for other complex housing projects, working with the private sector and other public agencies in accordance with Council priorities utilising the Council’s positions in strategic and local partnership.
- To develop new financial models for the development of new homes by the Council.
- To attract funding to contribute to the delivery of new housing supply in the Borough
The role will initially be for 6 months c£600 inside IR35.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.