15 October 2019
Director of Change and Programme Management
The London Borough are seeking an interim Director of Change and Programme Management to operate as the lead Change and Programme Director of all corporate change management and major projects ensuring effective programme management governance, risk management, financial oversight and delivery of targets and business outcomes. This role will operate as Programme Director of all major change management activity, projects and programme management across the Council. You will spearhead the major change programmes for culture, continuous improvement, Lean, structure, diversity programmes, ICT major changes, including the Oracle Fusion changes, Digital changes smarter working and the transformation and integration of adult social care services with health, Roots to Success and the improvement plan for children’s social care services. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- To support the delivery of corporate priorities, seeking out natural synergies and economies of flow, scale and scope that can enhance the benefits of change working across the council and with external stakeholders and residents.
- To actively seek out opportunities for change that may impact on one service area but also benefit the whole council and prevent silo approaches to change from developing.
- To determine which change programmes are required to use Verto and hold to account on behalf of the Corporate Director People, Policy and Performance the adherence of SRO’s and project and programme leaders to use the programme management function for all determined change programmes.
- To individually line manage the dedicated programme resources of the major programmes for Adults and Health, Smarter Working, Continuous Improvement, Lean, Culture Change and Structure Change.
- To support the Corporate Director of Resources with programme governance and business analysis on the delivery of the MTFS, the savings and growth targets for the in-year budget and the capital programme.
This role will last for 3-6 months and day rate will be dependent on experience. This role falls inside scope of IR35 and the closing date is Wednesday 16th October 2019.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.