03 October 2019
We are looking for a Children's Head of Service level candidate for a role in a Children's Commissioning team of a London local authority. We are looking for someone who is available for an immediate start, initially for 6 months, at a rate of up to £600 a day.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Technical Skills - commissioning, procurement and contract management in a Public Sector Environment
- Subject matter expertise - experience of commissioning childrens' services including early help, social care and education
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take a pragmatic approach to delivery - there is no immediate support officer working to this role, so the post holder will need to lead delivery of tasks
- Strategic thinker with an analytical mind, result-oriented personality, highly developed sense of responsibility
- Ability to work on multiple workstreams and prioritise to meet expectations - flexible and agile
This is a full time role, but flexible working patterns will be considered. Applications should be made by 9am on Thursday 3rd October.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated e-mail to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.