23 October 2019
Corporate Director of Inclusive Economy and Housing
A London Borough are seeking an interim Corporate Director of Inclusive Economy and Housing to lead and directly manage a portfolio of services including: housing (private sector landlord licensing and enforcement, temporary accommodation, resident services, repairs and maintenance, HRA and housing capital programme); planning (planning policy and enforcement, air quality, noise pollution, Lead Local Flood Authority, building control, land charges, major developments); and community wealth building (housing delivery, economic development and regeneration, adult education and skills, 16-19 education and skills, London Living Wage Unit, and apprenticeships). Other duties will include but not be limited to:
- To lead and manage the Inclusive Economy and Housing directorate, with specific oversight of Housing, Planning and Community Wealth Building.
- To manage the Council’s approach to increasing the supply of affordable homes.
- To have oversight of and be a required consultee on decisions relating to the Council’s housing and asset development land to ensure delivery of housing targets
- To work with the Mayor, Cabinet, Overview and Scrutiny and other Members to reduce the number of households living in temporary accommodation and deliver a seamless supportive approach to those households in need of temporary accommodation.
- To manage the Council’s private sector housing licensing and enforcement service to ensure safe homes and fair treatment for residents.
- To deliver a high quality Housing Service, responsive to our tenants and leaseholders.
This post will be for 12 months, day rate will be dependent on experience and FTC would be considered. The closing date is Monday 7th October 2019.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.