16 September 2019
Assistant Director Customer and Localities
A Council in the South East are looking for an interim to cover the role of Assistant Director, Customer & Localities for approximately 6 months. They have major plans for the future, designed around our residents: 13,000 new homes and better infrastructure. This role requires you to provide visionary leadership to our Customer Service advisors and Locality Workers inspiring them to give residents fantastic services. This is not just a gatekeeping interim assignment, you will be a linchpin in our ongoing improvement and it is critical that you are able to drive the improvement agenda, making sure we’re closer to communities by encouraging a resident-focused culture and embedding digital tools and processes. Working closely with colleagues in Adult and Children’s Services, and Public Health as well as external partners you will be designing and participating in the implementation of new community-focused services, with a strong focus finding the best outcomes for people at a local level. With your leadership expertise you’ll have a firm operational grip. You’ll ensure robust performance management and the delivery of integrated, value for money services, providing mentoring and coaching to your management team. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Leading the delivery of services to clear performance targets, creating an environment of continuous improvement and innovation to meet the needs of customers and residents.
- Promoting new ways of accessing Council services promoting self-serve where appropriate and ensuring resolution at first point of contact.
- Leading effective and efficient case ownership focused on earlier resolution of customer and resident issues and operating to clear rules and programmes
- Leading locality based and locality facing customer services and case ownership through multi skilled teams with authority to act to resolve local issues.
- Ensuring compliance with Borough policies and guidance, while discharging all the Council’s statutory and regulatory responsibilities
This role sits within IR35, and the expected day rate is c£600. The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd September.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.