18 September 2019
Interim Position in Strategic Philanthropy
A London Council is looking for someone that can help build a culture of giving and social investment through convening, advocating and influencing. The Council is looking to develop a more strategic approach to encourage giving and investing that bring clear benefits to the community, driven by key local priorities and informed by data. The successful candidate would develop the Council’s strategic approach to social philanthropy through:
- Identification of areas where support is needed in relation to Economy strategy and Council objectives which is not already met elsewhere
- Consultation and liaison with other local organisations already engaged in social philanthropy to identify where additional activity can add value
- Consultation with local business forums to consider how to build on local businesses’ corporate social responsibility policies
- Development of action plan, informed by best practice
- Consideration of the unique role that the Council can play in relation to social philanthropy
The closing date is Tuesday 17th September 2019. Salary will be dependent on experience (inside IR35) and the role will be for 3-4 months.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.